What We Do
PCHP works with people to take steps towards better health.
We work with local people to identify causes of ill health (e.g. stress) and tackle them (e.g. counselling). We run a range of activities and groups that local people can join so they can feel healthier or learn more about how to live healthier lives.
We currently offer a wide range of services and activities and co-ordinate lots of opportunities for you to get involved.
We can usually arrange free childcare for 6 week olds - 12 years olds for anyone using our services.
We want you to talk to us about your experiences here so we know what is working – and what is not going well. If you have some feedback, good bad or ugly please use this form.
To find out more please call us on 0131 551 1671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or just pop into 73 Boswall Parkway, Edinburgh, EH5 2 PW
We are open Monday - Friday 9 am - 4:45 pm
Making a Complaint - Guidance for Clients
Pilton Community Health Project’s Counselling Service
Making a Complaint
Guidance for Clients
Pilton Community Health Project (PCHP) aims to offer the highest possible quality counselling service, however if you have concerns you want to raise, it is important that you do so, so that we can address them thoroughly and carefully. This sheet is designed to help you to achieve a satisfactory resolution to any issues you may have with Pilton Community Health Project’s Counselling Service. Your complaint will be taken seriously and investigated professionally and sensitively.
• If you are unhappy with the service you have received from PCHP you may want to raise this firstly with the counsellor/therapist concerned to resolve the matter informally.
• Alternatively, you may decide to talk things over with the Counselling Team Leader, Carol Targett. It may be that problems can be resolved at this stage. Carol can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0131 551 1671 or letter at Pilton Community Health Project 73 Boswall Parkway, Edinburgh EH5 2PW.
• If however you want to take the matter further, please ask for a copy of PCHP’s full Complaints Procedure or access it on our website at www.pchp.org.uk.
You may make a formal complaint in writing to the Co-Directors of PCHP or to the Chair of the PCHP Board if the complaint is against one of the Co-Directors of PCHP. Please mark this Private and Confidential then sign and date and include your permission that they may see a copy of your complaint. We need this in order to proceed to investigation. Due to the difficulty of properly investigating complaints after time has elapsed, we cannot reasonably undertake to investigate incidents which took place more than three years prior to the date of the complaint being made.
• You will receive an acknowledgment within 5 working days.
• Your complaint will be investigated by the Co-Directors or member of the Board, who may ask to meet with you in order to discuss your concerns. You are entitled at any stage in the process to seek independent advice and representation and may also ask a family member or friend to accompany you to any meetings.
• You will receive a written response on the outcome of the investigation within 25 working days of the complaint being received.
• If you feel your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, you may appeal to the Chair of the Board who will review the findings and make a final decision. You can expect an acknowledgement within 5 working days and a written response on the outcome within 21 working days.
You can download the complaint form below.
Revised March 2017